Minecraft Homeschool has taken the amazing unlimited world of minecraft and built courses for homeschoolers in their own server. Students are assigned weekly lessons that include online videos and articles, and exciting Minecraft build projects to prove their comprehension of the learning material. They collaborate, build technology skills, and work with other students from all over the world. Students can choose from numerous classes including "Master Chef", "Einstein's Space" "Castles and Cannons" and "Redstone Academy". Check it out this article about the Educational Merits of Minecraft from the Spokane County Library District.
Typing Adventure is a nice little game that young students can use to practice their typing skills.
Rapid Typing Tutor
Rapid typing tutor is a student friendly typing software that is free and downloadable.
- ALICE: Learn programming in a fun 3D environment
- RIBBON HERO: a game to learn the Microsoft Office Suite
- FOTOFLEXER: photo editing
- VOKI: speaking animated character
- SKYPE: distance video calling
- EYEJOT: video messaging
- ANIMOTO: quick slide show creator
- WORDLE word clouds
- TAGXEDO: shaped word clouds
- VOICETHREAD: slide show creator with opportunities for collaboration
- PIVOT STICK FIGURE ANIMATOR: introduction to animaton
- GLOGSTEREDU: online poster creator which allows embedded media
- ANIMOTO: My favorite last school year was Animoto. My elementary students caught on very quickly and made impressive short videos!
- MINDMEISTER: Mind mapping tool
- BUBBL.US Mind mapping tool
- XTRANORMAL: easy cartoon/movie maker
- PREZI: presentations tool that zooms, turns and pans
- PICNIK: photo editing and cropping, special effects
- GOOGLE DOCS/DRIVE: file creation and transfer a complete breeze for students who change computers often. Runners up are Gmail and Tumblr.